How, when and why control Varroa levels in your colonies? The following links, grouped under individual sub-headings, all address the important topic of Varroa control. Posts were made at varying times and are listed here for convenience. Within any one subheading it is recommended the posts are read in the order listed.
Viruses – why we treat
- Deformed wing virus – pathogenic when Varroa transmitted
Miticides – how we treat
- Oxalic acid trickling – cheap, easy and effective
- Oxalic acid vs. Api-Bioxal – the cost of treating legally
- Oxalic acid vaporisation – cheap, quick, easy & effective
- Vaporising Api-Bioxal – what a mess … take care
- Miticide cost effectiveness – cost of treatment per colony
- Apistan residues in wax
- Apistan (tau-fluvalinate) resistance
- How Apistan could be more effective if used properly
Timing and coordination – when we treat
Additional posts will be linked from here as and when they appear online.